Sunday, January 13, 2008

Remember Me?

Hey! Remember me? This is probably the longest it has taken me to write a post. No one really reads/updates theirs anymore...well at least not those that I used to read on a daily or weekly basis. What brought me back? Two things actually.

One - this is a way for me to look back and remember the events in my life. So in a way, this in my journal. My thoughts and reasons and stupidity and fun. You have to admit, it is always fun to look back at what you did a year or so ago and laugh. It is a good way to remind yourself who you were. Was it someone you liked? Is is someone your miss? Or did you grow up? You can learn so much from yourself, and people tend to forget that.

Two - I am trying to make some progress in my life. Trying to be somebody. I am an outgoing person, always ready for a good time. However, in the past year, you wouldn't know that about me. Yes, I have made my mistakes in life...but I am here to keep living and keep making those mistakes and correcting them for the future or learn from them. I am getting out there and trying to meet more people. I joined a "Night Life" group and a "Singles" group. Both groups look to be involved in events that looked fun. (Oh, and the singles group isn't to meet someone to date...it is to go and have fun.) This weekend, or today, I went to Dos Gringos for a mid-day happy hour. I met some really nice people! They were fun, up beat, around my age, and nice. It was so nice to get out and do something different. (Oh, I did take my book in case I didn't like it and decided to go somewhere and read instead. 70 degrees and sunny, you can read anywhere!) It made me happy that I took a chance. Next week - Greek Beer Olympics/Toga Party. All and all, I am doing it, I am putting myself out there to make friends. I am on a mission. If I want to make Phoenix work, it is my job to make it work. No one else's. Right? I decided to move, so I have to make friends. My efforts were out there about 8 months ago, then I took a sabbatical, and now I am back! (I just hope I am stronger this time. You tend to forget how hard it is to make a friend.) I'm trying. Even if I cried first...I am still trying.

No comments: