Saturday, August 23, 2008

Reminicing Time

A long time ago (or at least if feels like a long time ago) I met a girl named Julie while working at Chase-Pitkin. Typically I don't get too close to girls, but Julie was a girl I could talk to and get advice from (she is the only person who actually knew who i was dating...since it was against company policy), and she was also someone I could act 5 with. Each week while writing the schedule, I would try to put Julie and I together as much as possible!! HELLO FUN. We would sit up in the rafters and act like 5 year old girls giggling over everything. It was as if Chase-Pitkin was our own personal playground and we got paid for playing. There was always some project that needed to be done, and it just so happened to be better to have two people working on it rather than one. Oh, and it took all day to do it too. Why bust your butt and get it done in two hours when we could spend Julie's entire shift on it?! Seriously people - it was all about having fun rather than work.

Each day we worked together was full of laughter. And on the ceiling on that empty store is "Julie and Kelly were here :)". I miss those days, where your main responsibility was to make sure your orders got in, the shelves were stocked and you gave good customer service. In the midst of all that you had fun. Most everyone got along, and it was just good plain fun. Watching the new people come in and get "broken in" by the veterans - we would always tell them to do something the wrong way and laugh our butts off while they made a fool of themselves. Life couldn't get any better.

As the days went on, Julie and I talked about having a slumber party and watching Disney movies that both had yet to see. That night came...we both got out of work, we rented a couple movies and we to my place. Julie proceeded to tell me that her dad thought I was a lesbo since I invited her over for a sleepover! He didn't believe I had a boyfriend. Our sleepover was a bust. We had both worked all week and neither of us even made it half way through one movie before we were fast asleep. A couple days later, while at the St. John Fisher football game with my boyfriend, Julie happened to be there and so was her father. I grabbed "dickies" hand and ran him over to meet Julie's father. Ya, he didn't buy it. :( And to this day, he knows I am straight, but he calls me the lesbian friend. haha! Gotta love it.

THANKS MR. L! Although, he being the best seafood manager EVER, i need to call him for good fish cooking techniques and recipes.

Thanks for the fun Julie.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Awww, you seriously make me tear up. I think about you and CP all the time. I need to invent a time machine and go back. That was THE best time ever!!! And for the record, we didn't act 5. It was a mature 8. Get it right. ANd I would like to add that we were 2 hot chicks. I mean who else could get 5 men to date them all at once? Huh? Pamela Anderson has NOTHING on us. Oh, and dad still thinks youre a lesbo. I mean what 20 something year old wants to have a sleepover with her friend unless she has other intentions. ;)