Sunday, August 8, 2004

My new Family!

At work - the whole theme is WHO WE ARE. Who We Are gives us five key words to live off of, and we have to try to live them every day. I have been at Wegmans in Virginia for two months now, and I am finding that living those five words makes your relationship with your co-workers and your customers all the better. I have tried to be there for each person I work with, even if it is just saying hello to them at the start of each day, smiling, and saying goodbye before they/I leave. I am mentioning this because I went on vacation and when I came back - a bunch of cashiers greeted me ever so nicely. They thought that I had left for good, and was glad to see I was back. Now I get hugs when I get to work and hugs when I leave. When I need a favor, I have people that are willing to give the extra hand because they know I care. I will have to admit - I was unsure of working and team leading 15 and 17 year olds - but now they make me smile just as much as I make them smile. Having that at work makes it a 10. I have a family there - and to know that you are home when you step into work speaks thousands for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly,
It's so awesome to see you have a journal online. That's a good way to keep connected with people. A little side note, you always made ME smile at work.... and laugh. One look at your face and I would be on the floor! (You know I think you are gorgeous!) Anyway, keep updating. I love this. ~ Julie

Ps. Hi mom and dad Wash!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly(a.k.a Mavrick) This Is really cool! A goober head like me would have never thought of somthin like this! Well i know your doing great in VA. But i know i miss ya like crazy here in ny!!! but you sound soooo hapy and that what really matters !! well i know ill be talkin to ya soon!! so keep livin large there tons o fun!!(get it "livin Large!..ha ha i kill me!)

Matt (aka Goose or K-BOZZ)c'mon kell ya know you can blame the "ICEMAN" for that one
P.S. Hi mom!!!! AN Julie and Pete too!!