Monday, August 16, 2004

Quick Trip to Rochester

I had an interesting weekend to say the least. Thursday night I found out that it was possible to travel back to Rochester for one day. Yes, I said one day. Some may think that I fell of my rocker on that decision - but no, I had it well thought out. There was a gathering at my cousin Chris's new house to celebrate his new house and his girlfriend Terrie’s 30th birthday. That was a gathering I really didn't want to miss. Friday morning the alarm goes off at 4 so I can get ready for work and make sure I have all my stuff together for my quick trip to NY. I worked that morning from 6 to 2:30 and then I hit the road. I ended up getting to Rochester at 10 that night. Needless to say, I was a bit tired. That next morning, mom and I were up around 7 for coffee talk with my aunt and uncle. Then it was off to get ready for a busy day. I stopped into both Chase-Pitkin’s (Pittsford and Henrietta) then I went to Grandma's to meet up with her and my mom. By that time it was party time! Maybe five minutes into arriving at Chris's new house I hear my mom screaming my name from the basement. I go running down to see her with tears in her eyes and Terrie standing next to her. Mom motioned for me to look at her hand, and so I did. Then I became the jumping idiot when I saw a ring on her finger. Terrie is now and will permanently be part of this family. Well we always considered her family - but now it will be official! I couldn't have come back to better news!! I just wish them the best of luck with all life’s adventures. They sure make a great team! Congratulations guys! The next morning, it was up at 6:30 to hit the road to I could work until 12:30 that night. One last long day to end a perfect weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I wish I was there. Sounds like fun! haha. Whenever Matt and Pat are involved, there is trouble and fun. =D By the way, how about coming here for a day. You can do it. We'll have lunch and then I will send you right back. Julie