Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Life

Life is so very unpredictable. Thirty minutes ago I was going to write a post full of questions I would enjoy reading other's replies to. However, as I mentioned, this was 30 minutes ago. Much has changed in the last thirty minutes.

I was on the phone with my brother when another call came in. I ignored it, as I haven't spoken to my brother in a week or so, and the person calling I saw on Saturday. She had left a message, which is rare seeing she understands I never listen to my voicemail. Since she left a message, I figured something was up. I asked my brother if I may call him back in three minutes and he obliged. I didn't listen to the voicemail, I just called my friend back. No answer. Checked my voicemail, and she asked me to call her as soon as I recieved the message, and to call the house line. 'But that is what I did' I thought to myself....so I called it again. As soon as she answered, I asked "what's wrong?" I have know her eleven years, I knew something was up. "I am thinking of going home" she said. "Home? Rochester, home?" I asked. "Yes, I can't do this anymore" was her reply. She was giving the baby a bath as I told her I thoroughly cleaned my apartment yesterday (for she is allergic to my cat) why don't you and the baby come here tonight, the baby can sleep and you and I can talk. Her telling me she is thinking of leaving her husband is shocking to me. I figured a good talk and cry might help. And being here, not at home might also help. Luckely I did "de-cat" my apartment yesterday. (Yes, I have to de-cat my apartment, even for me.) I through some extra things in the wash just incase, and as soon as she comes in, I will take the baby and have an allegra with water ready for her to take. Bart and I are now in the spare room, where he will be as long as she and baby stay with me.

Background - I don't care all too much for her husband. But I care for him because he is married to one of my dearest friends. When it comes to her, I will do all I can to help. She can stay with me for as long as she would like. As for Bart...Bart and I will have to see what we can do to make things work - if it even comes to that. If it does come to that...wow...I would be the bestest friend I could possibly be. I like to think things out. I like to think about the "what if's" in lfe. So now I am trying to think of what I will offer if things come down to it. She is my family here, yes I will be there for her. It will be an interesting night. Please pray for her! She could use the support.

Thank you!

1 comment:

liam said...

i know you'll be the best friend you can be. hope all goes well