Sunday, May 6, 2007

Nashville

Last night I returned from my week in Nashville. It was one great week!! I arrived Sunday afternoon and realized quickly that the hotel I was staying at (where the show was being held) wasn't too close to the city. I was a bit disappointed. After checking in my room, I hit the hotel bar for a beer. While I was sitting there watching the Sabres play the Rangers, I met some people around my age. After a bit of talking, they invited me to go into Nashville with them, I joyfully accepted. That night we went to Coyote Ugly and had a blast! Just so you know, I won the beer chugging contest that night!!! I volunteered two of the people I was with to do body shots, which I thought was extremely kind of me! At first, I thought Liz (the girl I was with) was going to kill me, but she had a blast. Then I volunteered Matt (on of the guys) to enter the booty shaking contest...he won! Needless to say, we had fun. We were home early, which was nice, since I was up at 5 that day.

Monday I slept till 9, went down and had breakfast. After that it was set-up time. I finished setting up pretty quickly, so I did my people watching in the hotel area I was set up in. Quickly, I noticed there were a lot of guys carrying guns, it was a Jail Convention. As I was sitting there, this Sheriff walks up and starts asking why I was there...bla bla bla. He was hung over beyond belief, so instead of going to the session he talked to me. I didn't mind - killed time. After two hours of him going into sessions, then coming out to talk to me, he asked if I wanted to go out that night. Go into Nashville, with a Sheriff - Sure! Why not!! I got to my room to change at 7:30 and was back in the Lobby by 7:40 - that included taking a call from work too. Pulled hair back, threw on my jeans, boots and a tee and I was out the door. When I got in his car, all I wanted to do was play with the lights!! Now that was fun!! We went to a karaoke bar. I love karaoke bars and making fun of those you think they can sing but really can't. Apparently in Nashville, the karaoke bars didn't get that message. Everyone that sang had amazing voices. No one to make fun of!! What's the point of Karaoke?? I had a blast anyway. Then my date, Anthony, got up and sang "I'm to Sexy" - yea I have pictures!! Very funny!!

Tuesday, I went out with my friend Bennjin. We went to the Tin Roof to hear James Dean Hicks play. I met James Dean when he was with Bennjin in DC last October or November. That was a great night. We thought it would be an early night but we didn't leave until one, getting me back to the hotel by 1:30. Oh, I had to be up at 5:30 every morning - so late nights were fun, just made it hard the next morning.

Wednesday and Thursday I stayed in. It was room service those nights.

Friday I taxied into the city for happy hour with Bennjin and his co-workers. Then we went to another bar for pool and some grub with our beer. I was home by 12:30 that night.

As for Saturday, it was up at 5:30 but done by 12:30 to head to the airport. All in All, it was a great week!! I have some pictures that are fun to share, but I will upload once I get back from San Antonio. I need to get back to laundry and packing. One day home - not enough!!!

No comments: