Thursday, April 26, 2007

Update on Life

I was watching CMT this morning. Every morning they are showing people's picks of videos, which are typically what is "hot" right now. Some random older videos will be shown, but usually it is the newer songs. As most know, I am a huge music person - so I enjoy laying in bed listening and watching (if I decide to actually open my eyes) to these videos. The other day, I kept CMT on as I was preparing for work and a song came on that I have heard many times, but it wasn't until this one morning that I actually heard the lyrics. This song is called I'll Wait for You by Joe Nichols. This video came on this morning, and I was able to watch part of it. It is just a wonderfully heart felt song. It then reminded me of another one of Joe Nichols songs: The Impossible. I remember the first time I heard this song, like it was yesterday. Country music is known for its stories, and Joe Nichols has this ability to share heart felt stories in ways that you will never forget them. Because of this, he is one of my favorite artists.

On another note, yesterday I had an interview to be a friend/mentor to a foster child. It was interesting. It was at my place and this young woman was seeing if my place and my car are suitable for children. She asked if I wanted a boy or a girl - or even a certain age range. My answer - I don't care. I am looking to befriend who ever would like it. Half of me would really like a boy - but then I would love a girl too. On the 15th I have a 4 hour session I have to attend - kinda like orientation. Oh and I get to go to the police station and get my fingerprints taken. Now that will be fun!!!!! (Again, the small things in life that make me happy.)

Well I am off to do work. OR NOT!!!

No comments: