Friday, July 6, 2007

All in one week...

The past couple weeks I have been extremely tired after work, bringing me to go home, shower, and crash on the couch for a couple hours. (Moving the company I work for in the hot Arizona heat gets you so very dehydrated and exhausted!) I was channel surfing a couple weeks ago and came across a show with John Ritter in it, and of course I had to stop and watch. While in syndication, I never watched 8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenage Daughter, and I found myself home watching it day after day. Monday I was home early, showered and hit my usual spot on the couch. Monday was a different day, I took a call from an ex-boyfriend that I haven't talked to since I moved here. We usually play catch-up every couple months, and it was that time again. His news was that he was engaged, and I did my best to give him the best "congratulations" I could deliver while hiding the fact I wanted to cry. The sad part, he didn't seem excited at all. Anywho, I was sad - my first true love is getting married...although I am glad he is happy! After all, that is what you want for your friends. At six o'clock, I proceeded to turn on 8 Simple Rules as usual and John Ritter's character made me laugh. At 6:30, the second episode came on, yet it wasn't funny. It was the episode made after John Ritter had passed away - needless to say, I was balling my eyes out. The two episodes that aired after his death really honed in on the greatness of family.

Last night, I was watching season 4 of Scrubs, episode "my cake" and it hit me - John Ritter played JD's father and this episode was in remembrance of him. All this in a four day stretch. John Ritter was one of my favorite actors, he amazing ability to make people laugh in his career was admirable. Watching a the few episodes that were made after he passed was a good reminder of what life is about. family, love, health, togetherness - and I am blessed to have all that in my life.

No comments: