Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

Time to start thinking about the upcoming year. What you want to get done, places you want to visit. The whole sha-bang!

2008 went extremely quick. Starting with a new company in April really took me out of my comfort zone. I went from job security to no job security - which was what I wanted. I wanted to prove myself. That I am still doing! The year ended well, I spent my last week of 2008 back in upstate New York with some close friends and Family.

This is Christmas Day, a great shot showing the love between my brother and I. While we were taking family portraits Kyle received a text and as he responded that was my opportunity for a swig (thanks Anita). Hey, the things you have to do to get through spending quality time with the fam. It can be tough!

Christmas morning, the rents and I went over to Kyle's for breakfast and Mimosa's. Can't have a family breakfast without Mimosa's! Right?! Breakfast was great! Kyle made corn beef hash, peppercorn bacon, eggs and pancakes. Talk about yum on a plate (or 3). Yep I used three plates. I don't like when my foods touch, especially with egg. Call me crazy!

Christmas Dinner the four of us picked up Gramma and headed to our cousin's house for dinner. We had a few good laughs and ended the day with the four of us back at the hotel, sitting by the fire with our hot chocolates. Oh, yes, we did have peppermint schnapps in our hot chocolate! We know how to make it right. :)

Shot of the fam on Christmas morning!

Christmas Day, Kari was supposed to fly in for Friday, the day after, was our 10 year High School Reunion. Yes, we are still that young! Due to illness, Kar was unable to make the flight...so I rounded up the troops (willing or not) and got started. Oh, the troops - who were they you ask?! Only the most dependable people, my lovely mother dearest, the handsome father, the loving Aunt Mary, and the caring Uncle Steve. Yep. The all pitched in and with out there help, I wouldn't have been able to get everything done in time. Dad and Uncle Steve hit music since we realized we had no music at all planned. Mom and Aunt Mary hit balloons and center pieces. Due to their help, the reunion was a great success!


Shot from the reunion - Laurie B., Justin L., Mike K., myself, and Sara T. (Even though I look preggo - I'm not! I just need to exercise a bit more. okay, more than a bit - lay off. geez!)

The rest of the week flew by quickly. I was able to see Matty and his fiance and their families for dinner. Hung out with the Provo's. Met some more of Kyle's friends. And my last night it town I was able to meet up with Jamie, Kacey and Kacey's boyfriend Bill. When it came time to leave, that was tough. When home, I was able to see some of my closest friends and spend much time laughing and picking up right where we left off. That and them asking "when are you moving back!?" Which is sweet if you think about it...that they want me home. But I have to be where my job is. As much as I love them all...Phoenix is where I work.

Now that I am back in Phoenix, I am thinking about the upcoming year. This year will hopefully be a fun one. Well, starting next Monday. This Monday I leave for Houston, get back Thursday night (technically Friday morning) and leave Sunday for New Orleans to return that next morning. Once those two trips are over...all will be good! Or so I hope.

I hope everyone had a great 2008 and is looking forward to their 2009!

No comments: