Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Since it is the time of the year to be thankful, I decided to share my list. And I hope others do as well.

1. I am thankful for the love of my family. Through all the changes and new obstacles that arise throughout the year, my family has always been there for support and encouragement.
2. A wonderful brother who keeps me under his wing. To this day, if I call him to say hello and he is busy - he will still answer his phone and ask "are you okay?" My answer is always yes, and he indicates he will call me later. He is a good brother.
3. My job. I was provided an opportunity to take a new adventure and it was one I took with much excitement. My boss is tough, but kind. My co-workers...they are opening up to me.
4. My Father. For he gives me the strength when I feel as if I have none left. He drove with me from Phoenix...not many father's do that anymore. He has encouraged me to be the person I am today. Now, I may not be perfect, but I am me.
5. My friends. Kelly #2, for we keep each other in line. Anita - for we have many things to laugh about and she provides lots of wisdom. Bobby - well...for being him. Tony - for all the laughs. Kacey - for being the best kid sister a girl could ask for - i am proud of you!
6. My my faith, for with out my faith I would be lost. For the love of our Lord keeps me going, even when you feel there is no one to talk to, you have One that will never leave your side. How can you not love that!
7. For my health. So many people have been sick this year, and I am blessed to have a pretty much healthy year.
8. For shelter - I am grateful to have a roof over my head, and a refrigerator full of yummy food!
9. Freedom. We have so many wonderful young men and women who keep fighting for our freedom, one thing we should never take for granted. Every day we should be thanking them for doing when I can not do. Not everyone has that courage!
10. Bart. Now he may be big boned, but he sure is fun to have around. :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving with the people they care about. Please take time to give your thanks and remember what we have been given, and how spoiled we really are. We all live amazing lives, yes we have those trying times, but when it boils down to it, we are all lucky to be living they way we do.