Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Just another day

Things are continuing to go well, it has only been about a month and a half, but things are going well. I am still enjoying where I live, enjoy my job, and so far, I have had a little bit of a life. Now remember this, for we are coming up on the holiday's and I am staying in Texas. So when I write and say I miss my friends and family - it is primarily due to the holiday season. Don't get me wrong, I miss them and all, but I am not sitting here depressed missing them!

I have it all planned out. This weekend, I am going to get my oil changed (exciting I know), and look at fun recipes I can make for the Thanksgiving weekend. Little odds and ends items that I can munch on through cheesey movies, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and football games. Since it is just me (and Bart boy) I will try to make it a good one.
Last Thanksgiving, my friend and I started it off with a hike. Maybe I will do something similar, before the parade (depending on when it starts) get a workout in. That way it is done, and I can proceed to eat what I want.

No good stories to tell. Mom was in town this past weekend. It was a quick trip - flew in Friday night and left Sunday morning. Quick. However, we did manage to get my place decorated...just not my bedroom. I will probably play with that over Thanksgiving weekend as well. Move things around. That and reorganize some closets. Any who, back to mom's visit. We spent quite a bit of money, but we just lucked out with finding a lot of great items. Bart Boy is still trying to get some of the new hangings off the wall, but luckily no success yet. He will be in BIG trouble if/when he succeeds!

Well I best get, lots to do. Although I do wish it was the last half of the day rather than the first half!