Thursday, February 10, 2005

Sacrifices

I am understanding that we all need to make sacrifices when it comes to work, and that you don't always get what you "want" to do. This year there are numorous events that I need to attend and a couple events I really really really want to attend. One being the Indy 500 and the other being our family vacation at Lake George. Neither of these I can attend this year. I work in a field were weekends are required and along with that those holiday weekends we are extremely busy - meaning time off is frowned upon. Another event that I am having to give up is my cousin's wedding in Chicago on July 2nd, once again, that is a holiday weekend. Now don't get me wrong, I am very excited about all the weddings going on this year, and I am extremely happy to be in some of them. I am just disappointed that the time that I was counting on to see my brother were shot out. Indy 500 and vacation week was when I get to relax and catch up with Kyle. Now, I will see him but not really get to catch up with him. Although, I will get to dance with him! I have that to look forward to.
Well we all have to make sacrifices, and I understand that, I just wish I did't have to give up my brother time. It is all part of growing up and moving away - a choice I made.

1 comment:

Tim said...

With all the news about people getting fired because of what they post on their blogs.....be careful. I don't think that you wrote anything to be nervous about, yet, but there are so many people out there that didn't know they had crossed some invisible line and then got the ultimate promotion....to the street.

It's been in the news a lot, ABC World New, NPR, and a lot of newpaper articles.