Thursday, January 5, 2006

For willy

I love my job, don’t get me wrong. But there are things I really dislike. I don’t like it when people listen to my phone calls and then comment as to why I did or did not do something. That was my conversation, not theirs, and did they hear the person on the other line? NO! If the call was for someone else, I would forward it to that person. So butt out, thanks!

We are getting closer to show time, and edginess comes out in people. But that doesn’t mean you treat people the way people do in the office. I am very much a team player, but when everyone is taking an hour lunch and I am here working – please see that I am busy, so that means do your own work. We all have to do our own admin work since we really don’t have an admin for our division. Yes, we have some that works in our division that is called the admin, but she doesn’t even have the time to do other’s admin work. She has enough on her plate doing work for the 7-8 shows we have this year. I don’t know why people bitch so much about having to take their own notes and keep track of it. Suck it up and deal! That might mean you have to stay an extra 15 minutes one night – heaven forbid!

I am just trying to stay sane. 7 to 8 shows this year, and they all have conferences. Trying to keep all the barter agreements, sponsorships, speakers, exhibitors, and the marketing straight for each show is tiring. I really do like my job; I am just a bit frustrated. There is so many odds and ends to tie up, and when I am being pulled in ten different directions, it makes it rather difficult. So please excuse me if I am not chit-chatting or if I am a bit more serious during this time. I am not biting others heads off, I am just getting the work done the best I can and as quick as I can with little to no error.

So willy – this was for you. You wanted me to write, and so I did.

2 comments:

Sean said...

Thanks Kelly! (I'm not Willy) Hang in there... it is actually worth it. (That's what I hear at least...)

liam said...

thank you kelly. you know i love ya. hang in there kid.