Friday, January 27, 2006

Girls Night

From what I hear, it is time for a Girls Night. T and I were leaving work the other night and our office manager stops us to chat. Now don't get me wrong, but when it comes time to leave work, the last thing I was to do is chat. Well...chat we did, and apparently it is time for a lovely Girls Night. (notice the sarcasim, not excitement) There are certain girls I don't mind going out for a beer with after work and catching up on our personal lives, because we get along, and we know what is said between us, stays there. Then there are others who if you say boo to, the whole office will hear about it the next day at work. And that is just temping - especially when I am outside of work.

Temping how? This makes me want to plant things in our conversations that would lead to good office gossip. To me, this is exciting, and they are to my office friends as well. Could this lead to trouble - YES - and that is the best part. I have always wanted to catch a certain person in spreading stories when we on the basis of "what happens in __ stays in __." You know that never happens, som twerp always tells. One day I almost started an rumor that my coworker was pregnant or that I was just to get this girl going and pin her so maybe she would get the hint and shut her mouth.

This girl doesn't like the fact that the people in the back of the office are good friends. So she makes up her own rumors just to humor herself and see what trouble she stirs. She had me quitting and going to parties with "the enemy" - too bad I have never met them because they sound like really neat people. I have to get myself invited to the next party - so next time I can say - Why yes, I was out with them!!! What's it matter to what I do in my personal life anyway?

Anywho, so it is girls night out time. Not sure when it will be, but it is coming. Do I fake sick, or do I go and try to have a bit of "fun" with it?!

2 comments:

liam said...

fake cough usually works for me

Xtine said...

Hmmm I'd get really sick... no need to get yourself caught up in that girl's games. That can coem back to bite you in the but. But playing a joke on her is also a good idea ... maybe she'll eventually get the clue that she's a loser and needs to stop spreading the gossip.

Where I work, most are girls... so there is gossip. I really try to stay out of it. The only gossip I care about is about the kids... not my co-workers. It just gets old.