Monday, February 6, 2006

Networking

I have learned something - do not network at a bar when your boyfriend is there. I met this guy at a bar that is moving to the DC area and would like to find a job working in event planning - so I told him that is basically what I do...bla bla bla and gave him my business card. Well the boyfriend saw that, got pissed and left the bar. He thought I was flirting and trading numbers. One - I would NEVER do that when I was dating someone, especially when I was with a guy I really liked. Two - did he have any trust in me? We were both pissed...and to him that meant time to break up. Hell, why would you want to talk about things anyway - and he wondered why I wanted to make sure we communicated! So that is that. All girls out there, do not Network at a bar when your boyfriend is there. You think you are being nice getting to know someone in your field - but no - you are getting ready for a break up!

But I am not the only one that had a crappy weekend - so did Willy! I am really sorry to hear that your car was stolen. That really sucks. Too bad we don't live close enough for a vent night. You can tell me all about work and your car - and I could tell you why guys suck!

Well, Josh and I are hanging out on Wednesday - so that will be nice. I might go skiing with him this weekend if it snows - and if I have the money - and if I don't have to work. KYLE DON'T LAUGH! I CAN SKI, I AM JUST NOT AS GOOD AS YOU!

No comments: