Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Family Vacation 2006


It is safe to say, while on vacation, we ate extremely well. Tyipically, at Lake George, we have dinner competitions - see who can make the best dinner. This year, we changed things up a bit. We had teams of two, each person having two nights, and the nights were theme nights.

Nights as followed:
Monday - Italian - Kyle and Mom (Salmon Pasta)
Tuesday - Adirondack - Dad and myself (Oscar's Port Roast topped on a veggie filled salad)
Wednesday - Rochester - Mom and myself (Garbage Plates)
Saturday - Southern - Kyle and Dad (Oscar's ribs, chicken - both topped with Crazy Jerry's hot sauce - roasted corn, and garlic smashed taters)

In the above picture, for the Rochester meal, Mom and I made the infamous garbage plate with Bill Gray's hot sauce. Kyle brought the hot sauce, since we all know Maryland doesn't have Bill Grays! (Thanks Kyle)

Crazy Jerry's hot sauce - this is a must have. Six of us tried and and six of us absolutly loved it!!



This is the family, plus Aunt Mary and Uncle Steve enjoying our last dinner in the Adirondacks, which happened to be Southern night. I don't think we had any food left over!



For Adirondack night, dad and I decided to make seafood stuffed mushrooms as the appetizer. These will definatly be created again! We used ritz crackers, green onions, shrimp, and chopped stems of the mushrooms on top for decoration.

It was a fabulous week, and I am sorry it is over. Now I am back to work wishing I was back on the beach starring off into the mountains thinking about nothing! Sunday began the count down for next year. Time to start the planning of the meals, will it be themes and teams again? Or will it go back to the competition where everyone is on their own?? All I can say, thanks to that hat from which we drew the names for teams this year - for it didn't put Kyle and I together!

2 comments:

Dan said...

You eat pretty high on the hog for vacation. I'm way too lazy on time off to work up anything more complicated than hot dogs with mac&cheese. Mmmmmmm, vacation.

Xtine said...

Wow! I don't know if I'd be that driven to cook on vacation. Hats off to you for doing that... looks delicious!