Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Compliment

During my show in October, I received one of the nicest compliments I could have ever received. A couple days ago, something triggered my memory. However, there is a story.

Couple months ago, I was picked up for a “date” and was wearing my typical attire since we had hung out a couple times, I didn’t think I had to get all girlied up. He saw me in my jeans and tee and made a comment: “I guess we can go somewhere were that attire is appropriate.” That comment mixed with another informing me that I am not the girl guys date, I am the girl that guys go to the bar with, grab a beer and hang out.

If that is who I am, okay. I am not going to try to dress in fashionable clothing at all times to attract people – that isn’t who I am. Jeans and a sweatshirt are me. If you don’t like it, that is your problem.

Back to my point. I was at my show in October, and the guys wanted to grab a beer at the end of one of our days. “The guys” are the guys I see at every event we put on. However, they are in jeans and polo’s and I am in a suit. There was no doubt that I was going to meet up with them, but of course I had to change into “my” clothes. Since I know these guys pretty well, I didn’t feel the need to put on fashionable attire, I went comfortable. As I was sitting at a hotel bar area with them, one of the newer guys from the group made a comment on my attire. “Kel, you look good in your suit, and you look good dressed down. That is good thing to have.”

I thought that was the nicest thing someone could have told me. He isn’t a guy I date, he is a friend. And for that, I am thankful. It is nice to have people that make you smile when others try to tell you what is wrong with you.

Thanks to my favorite light bulb man!!!

3 comments:

Dan said...

I've never been a fan of putting much stock in the clothes someone wears. Maybe my experiences with uniform inspections ("You have a irish pennant [loose thread] on you trou. Two demerits!") colored my opinion. I'm more interested in character. Having said that, that sounds like a nice compliment - it doesn't matter what you wear, you make it work either way. More about you then your clothes.

kelly said...

That is what I always thought! Personality is what matters.

Kyle Wash said...

That was a very nice hting for him to say. Don't I compliment you all the time though, that doesn't count?

Tubby!