Friday, October 27, 2006

Stood Up...Again

Emily has been one of my good friends for a long time. We met in 3rd grade – it is safe to say we know each other well. Now that we don’t live close to each other, we are lucky to see each other once a year. For a while now, she has been telling me that she is coming to see me this coming weekend.

When I still lived in Rochester, Em would call and we would make plans for that evening, then she would never show. That was Em. It got tiring, so I rarely made plans with her, but when I did, she followed through since it had been a while.

So here I am, excited that I was going to see one of my good friends – and actually have time to talk. However, she hasn’t returned a single call, text, or email of mine is 16 days. If something came up and she couldn’t come, fine, I understand – just freakin’ tell me. Don’t be so disrespectful. Yesterday, I just went ahead and decided I am making plans – I am not waiting for her to call back and tell me she is or is not coming. I would rather her be honest with me than just not take my tries at contacting her. Friends don’t do that.

That is my story – Em stood my up once again. This time was the last time. I would like to be treated the way I treat others. Well I am off – work to be done, so I best start staring at it until I start doing it.

2 comments:

Sean said...

When I was in Rochester I ran in to Em at Mark's on Monroe Ave. It was actually good to see her, I haven't seen her in quite a while.

That's too bad that she stood you up. And, good for you for making plans, you go girlfriend!

Hope everything is going well back east.

Kyle Wash said...

I'm sorry Em treated you like that, Completely un-called for. That would piss me off too.