Thursday, May 19, 2005

Movin'

Movin’ Movin’ Movin’

Well it is going well. I have been getting work done. Dad mostly finished the kitchen on Saturday. I helped until about 3, then I went to meet Mike at the apt to help me bring a load over to the condo. That was exciting! As soon as we get on the beltway to starts to thunderstorm and hale. So there went my mattress, box spring, and dressers. As we are driving, I was following Mike – he is more worried about my stuff, and I am more worried about the thunder and lightning. My music was blaring and my hand over my eyes, never get in a car with me in a storm, especially when I am driving! All in all, we only got one small load in.

On Monday, I borrowed Mike’s truck and met mom and dad at my apt to do another load. The night didn’t start off the best, I had forgotten my apt keys in my car, which was about 45min to an hour away with traffic. Luckily dad say I left my window unlocked, so he pried the screen out and we crawled through. I like to make the move a little more exciting each night! We got his jeep packed with stuff and the truck packed up and was able to get a lot done. The best part – there is a papa john’s near me, and it is REALLY good pizza!

Last night, I did another load. I was able to put my room together, well put clothes away and start to put together the living room. Tonight I will hit the bathroom and hook the TV up to my DVD player so I can watch movies while I wait for cable and internet. So far, this is the first time I don’t mind waiting for cable and internet. It probably helps that I am on the computer/internet all day long!

Well I best get my butt in gear and work since I am at work.

4 comments:

Tim said...

Congratulations on your new home! I have a request, can you post a description of it? Just a pleasant walk-through for those of us that can't visit you?

Kyle Wash said...

Sounds like your nearly all moved in. You will have to post a picture or two when you get the time, and your internet hooked up! I've crawled through window before when I forgot my keys too!

liam said...

Oh yes can pleeeese gives a blow by blow walk through of your new house/condo. Because that thrilling blow by blow of your moving was soooooo interesting! you still love me right?

Sean said...

Blow by blow? I like! I'm actually crossing my fingers for a full on Virtual Tour of the place with 360 degree spanning photos and zooming features with detailed descriptions of each room.
So did you have to get a new mattress and boxspring?
What kind of truck does your friend have? You left that part out.