Saturday, November 19, 2005

Best Time of Year - THANKSGIVING

Every year, we go around the table and say what we are thankful for. Now when it comes down to it, each person could spend a half hour on their list. And when I read Christine's blog - I had to do the same. Here is my list:

I am thankful for my family, the love, care, and support that they provide on a daily basis is something I will never forget. I love you guys!
I am thankful for my religion. It provides me with a path to follow and is a leaning post when needed.
I am thankful for my friends. Thank you for holding no expectations and always being there. I couldn't ask for better. (those in rochester, thanks for still being there, I love you guys so much)
I am thankful for my freedom.
I am thankful for pictures - they are the best present anyone can give. (yes, even those horrible pictures where your eyes are closed!)
I am thankful for education - for this we would not be capable to doing what we do today.
I am thankful for feelings, it is what makes your days what they are.
I am thankful for Bart - my little terror - how can I not love him!! (and Bart is thankful for he is getting de-balled and de-clawed the day before thanksgiving!!)
I am thankful for the roof over my head - heat, electicity, and water (hot water!) - not everyone has this and that is something to be rememebered.
I am thankful for FOOD! And i am starving!!
I am thankful for my brother - K, I don't know where I would be with out you. Plus, you are a great cook!! Even though we don't live in the same town anymore, I know we live under that same sky, that same sun, and those same stars and that makes it okay.
I am thankful for technology - and maybe someday I will get to go to space and view the lovely planet we live on. Because of technology, we are able to communicate as we do today.
I am thankful for laughter - now who doesn't enjoy a good laugh.
I am thankful for my Mom and Dad. They are the two people that brought me up, allowing me to follow my dreams, let me choose the path I felt was right. And because of them, I have a wonderful brother, I am living a life that I love, I have a place to live, a great job, and a cute little kitty.
Last - I am thankful for memories. Holidays are the times where you reflect. You look back over the years of all the good times you had. It is a time when you also refelct on those that have past, and you reminisce on all great times you had.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

3 comments:

Kyle Wash said...

Well you beat mine thats for sure, maybe I should go back and make mine better....

Kyle Wash said...

Mom, do you remeber how to log into blogger?? :)

liam said...

not bad. better than kyles