Thursday, October 19, 2006

Bennjin

Tomorrow is Friday! Thank goodness. I have a list of things to do at work, and can’t get motivated. It is driving me nuts, but all in the same, I am okay with it. I have spent the past couple days working on a budget. Trying to show how much we are spending vs. how much we could/should be spending. By 4:00 I am beat.

It has been a good week outside of work. My friend, Bennjin, was in town from Nashville, a friend I haven’t seen in five years. Catching up with him was great! I met some of his co-workers and watch the football game Monday then the baseball game Tuesday. It was a great start to the week, even though I didn’t get home until 2 those nights.

Bennjin and I met at our previous jobs, he at CMT and I at Entercom Rochester. For some reason we have always kept in touch. It is strange; you meet someone one night and see each other here and there over a five hour period. You meet again at a second event, see each other here and there over, yet again, another five hour period – decide to swap contact information – and here we are five years later, still friends. Why is it that this works when one of the girls I worked with and was close with, her and I don’t keep in touch? Well, why this happened, I don’t know – but it has been fun. We exchanged pictures we each had taken during those rare occasions our paths met – and that alone was a blast. I will have to post some, after I get someone to scan them for me. Anywho, it was great to see an old friend and meet some of his associates. Late nights early in the week makes for a good countdown for weekend!

Now I am just left with decision making, and finishing up some projects on my place incase things change. Oh, I do have one comment…I am traveling to the Vegas area and informed an old friend who presides in that area, in hope to grab a beer and catch up. I haven’t heard from him, and as pathetic as this may be, it saddens me. He was one of my closest friends in High School and College (from a far). Well – I am off to make dinner.

2 comments:

Xtine said...

Wish you were coming to Rochester this weekend! I'll send you funny pictures of sean drunk and passed out if there are any.. i promise :)

kelly said...

SWEET!!! Thanks - I owe ya one if you do!