Thursday, December 14, 2006

Thirsty Thursday

Happy Thirsty Thursday!

I think today will be a good day. Adam is back at work, he has been out for 7 days, not that I was counting. He is one of my good friends at work, and him being gone that long made work even more sad. Especially because his father passed, and you just wanted to know how he was doing. You wanted to do something, but all you can really do is pray and be there if asked.

Anywho, back to my good day - Adam is back, and I am smiling again. It is nice to be smiling again. Yesterday was a bitter sweet day for me. I have been listening to some opinions of people that don't know me all that well. The know the business Kelly, not the Kelly out side of work - and they think that I could be making the worst mistake of my life. At 4pm yesterday, I kicked myself in the ass. Why am I even letting them get to me. Two months ago, I knew that I wanted to pursue this because of the opportunity it brought. Then comes Thanksgiving and the week following, I started to doubt. Well I am done doubting. I am back on track, thinking about what I want, where I want to be. Currently, my closest friends are a 6 hour drive, either North Carolina or upstate New York. Immediate family is in DC and upstate New York. I came to the DC area knowing that it would be temporary, and this holds true. Yes, I like it here, but this isn't where I want to stay. So, it will be a 6 hour drive or a 6 hour flight...so be it. So as I said, today is a good day. Yes, I will miss seeing Dawn and Jim 4-5 times a year, but I have to do what I believe is best for me right now.

As for Thirsty Thursday - I hope everyone is able to enjoy an nice happy hour!!

No comments: