Sunday, December 31, 2006

ramble

It doesn't seem to be that many people are keeping up with the blog world. Although, it is a busy time of year...but it is how I keep up with my friends. Then I think that is going down hill. It's inevitable, when you move away, you eventually lose touch. Take for instance Julie and Peter. Julie and Peter moved to Germany a couple months before I moved to Virginia. We kept in touch like champs for the longest time. Sent snail mail, did the email thing and the calls. However, life got in the way, and we slowing moved to just writing emails here and there. I care for them all the same, that hasn't changed, but our inside jokes are no longer played back and forth on a weekly basis anymore. I am finding this to be the same with some other friends. It is my fault just the same. I don't call them all that much, and vise-versa. Half the time I don't want to hear about them going out all the time knowing that I am home on the computer, working, or watching TV. They are still living the same life, and I have changed mine up a bit. And I am doing it again.

I have been getting ready for a new adventure. This time around, I do have to say, things been a little more difficult for me. I am having to get ride of things that mean a lot to me. Stuffed animals that I have had since I can remember, favorite clothes - sweatshirts mainly (I kept all my Purdue sweatshirts). Tuesday I am donating some pieces of furniture that was my grandfathers. I know it is what I need to do, and I understand that. I know I should only take what I need and really really like....but it was Grandpa's. It is odd going through every drawer, every container and cleaning out as much as possible. Yes, I will admit, I have kept a lot of junk throughout the years, but some things have great memories behind them. Yesterday, it broke my heart, but I threw out the letters that Julie and I would write (snail mail style). Well I am off to clean out more drawers. I am getting there! The hard part is done.

3 comments:

Xtine said...

Hang in there Kelly, Things will get better. I have been checking my blogger but not posting anything lately. Life has got in the way of things!!! Now that I work in IT, I do not spend as much time on my computer at home as I used to. I love being on the computer, but I am on it a LOT...

As for getting rid of things- I REALLY understand. That is one of the most difficult things. Remember this, even when you let go of the physical things that you have, you still have your memories. AND, when we die, we can not take any of these material things anyways. I had to get rid of the ottoman that matched the furniture that my parents had growing up. It was really ugly, but I loved it because it reminded me of when I was a little girl. But I knew that it had to go. When we lived in California I put it outside so that P-nut had a bed outside. It rained... and it had to go. But I am over it now, it is just something from the past. I can't keep everything forever. If I do, it will just cause lots of stress from carrying around too much junk.

So hang in there, I know what you're going through. It's hard but it does feel great to get rid of some stuff.

Call us later! Wish you were here!

Kyle Wash said...

Happy New Year Kel,

I'm sorry I've haven't ben on bloger much recently.

Throwing things away is always difficult, but Chris is right, you will still have all the memories! Besides, lok on the bright side, you have a whole new oppourtunity ahead of you, you must be very excited!

Talk to you soon!

Kyle Wash said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.