Thursday, January 11, 2007

Skip - Date #2

Well, I hung out with Skip again...not a date, just friends. Although I think he was going to try to kiss me at the end - but I didn't let that happen. How can I? I am leaving. Anywho, this time I didn't fall down the stairs!! (I am so proud of myself) I wasn't all that hungry, so we went to Corner Bakery where he got a salad and I got a cup of java. (Can't eat when I am stressed) Talked about the random things...laughed a little, then headed back to his place. I decided to head home sicne I have lots to do. Nothing big...but I did hang out with him again.

Things have been stressfull, and I am ready for weekend. My friends are coming from NC to see me!!! Three of them are coming, and I couldn't be happier. Help forget about work for a weekend and have fun in good ol' DC one last time. I would love to play a game of two on two football and kick Dawn's ass! Not sure she would appreciate that, but I sure would.

Work is work. My position was offered to a fellow co-worker that I recommended. After sitting with me for a couple days, she said it was too much responsibility and that she didn't want it. She didn't want to have to be my bosses right hand person, and do what I do everyday. It crushed me. I had faith in her, and thought she would be excited to get the responsibility of the job, and she just didn't care. Well, at least this job will go to someone who wants it since they are applying for it. Guess I can't ask for more than that right now. It can't go to someone who is going to slack, that's for sure.

Moving - things are going well. I am signing a lease today - and the place is mine on the 20th. On the 22nd, I am loading the ABF truck with all my crap that I am taking. Then on the 28th, I am pulling out. There are still some things I have left to do. Get doc records for Bart and I, figure out how to get Bart there, Health Insurance paper work, too much stuff now that I think about it.

Well I best get back to work.

2 comments:

Kyle Wash said...

I hope your not too stressed that your not eating. You can't afford not to eat!
It's too bad things didn't work out with your co-worker that you wanted to get the job, that must have sucked.

I have a guy at work that I have always vouched for and done what I can to help him succeed with the resturaunt and he is doing well and it makes me proud to see it. I would be a bit dissapointed to say the least if he decided not take a promotion he got offered.

Sean said...

So, when's the wedding? :)