Saturday, January 27, 2007

Last Night in Maryland

Yesterday was my last day at work. Barb and I wore our matching outfits, which kept us smiling all day! Leaving E.J. Krause was much more difficult than I thought it would be. I thought I would be so very happy leaving and moving on, but leaving Barb, Steph, Adam, Dave, and others - wow it was hard. Hugging Barb and Dave goodbye, I never wanted to let go. However, I did get some good pictures, and they will go in my new office! That way my EJK friends will always be with me.

Today was my last day living on the East Coast for a while. Tomorrow around 7am, Mom, Bart and I will start our drive to Arizona. I still remember leaving Rochester. Mom in one car, dad in the u-haul, and me in my little white car. That drive I could drown myself in the music with no one saying "you okay?" As much as I know that it is okay to cry when you are leaving people you love, the more I dislike that question. I am okay, it just sucks at the same time. Take for instance, I couldn't even go and say goodbye to Mike, my closest friend here. I don't think I would have been able to get a word out with out balling. I just hope he knows how much I love him and how much I will miss his friendship. Yes, we will still be friends, but we all know that will change in due time.

Anywho, it is time for me to embark on my new adventure. Now is when I start sining "All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go" My car is packed and all I have to do is roll off in the morn. So I am signing off for a couple days - when I talk to you again, I will be a West Coast Girl!

3 comments:

Dan said...

Adventures!

Vaya con dios. It is going to be great.

Sean said...

Not quite a West Coast. More like Southwest girl. :) Miss you, and hope you are well.

Anonymous said...

Kelly, my only tip for Arizona, given to me by my neighbor who lived in Phoenix, is to buy bottled water. She says the water is nasty. HOpe you have a smooth transition. And take lots of pictures! Love you.
Julie