Thursday, January 4, 2007

Skip - Date #1

Over new years I went to my friend, Rob, friend's house. It was an interesting night - I stayed sober and watched my friends drink. That is always a good time! So as the night progressed, this guy Skip (the home owner) kept talking to us girls. He seemed nice, cute, and funny. At one point I had to pee, too much info, I know! So I open the door after washing my hands to see Skip standing there trying to look all macho. He asked me out. I thought he was too drunk to remember, so I said sure why not. I am moving to Arizona in three weeks - so why the hell not! Come the next day - he remembered. Wednesday we were to have dinner, date #1.

Wednesday I resigned from work, so that was the beginning of a long day right there. Things went as well as I could have planned, but it was tiring. This was my start to planning how I was going to get out of dinner. Never happened. I decided, since I knew where he lived, I would meet him at his place. Going straight from work, since if I went home I would have never went back out, I parked and walked up the stairs to his door. As I was knocking it hit me, I never checked to make sure I looked okay before leaving work. Then I thought - what do I care, one date, that's it. Door opened, and we decided to eat Italian (I turned down Chinese). We headed back down the stairs to where his car was parked. Turned out, I was not paying as much attention as I thought I was, yep - skipped a few steps, fell down the stairs and landed on his car! Yes! I am the moron that falls down half a flight of concrete stairs on my first date, and the thing that catches me from planting my face into the ground was his car. First reaction, his car, is his car okay...yep car is okay. Second reaction - I am in my favorite suit, are my suit pants okay...yep, no holes in the knees, the pants are okay. Third reaction - laugh at myself, and that I did plenty of. As for dinner, that went extremely well. On the drive back to his place I decided it would be good to let him know that I had been on a few dates with Rob, the guy that invited me to his New Years Eve party. He said good to know..bla. We pull into his street to find out that Rob's car was at a friends place which is two houses away from Skip's. And as we are getting out of the car Rob is walking out of the house to his car, we saw each other. This ending in a very awkward conversation between the three of us. Rob trying to show Skip how much he knows about me. Skip trying to be the good date and not care. AWKWARD. So all in all - interesting first date. Best part - turned down date #2. After all, I am Arizona bound!

3 comments:

Dan said...

Wow. You may laugh about tripping and falling on his car, but he did ask you for a second date. I think it takes a pretty impressive woman to pull that off. Or maybe he just likes slapstick, Three Stooges type stuff.

Arizona, huh?

Kyle Wash said...

Sounds like a great date! Fell down stairs and ran into the Rob guy. I wish it was taped or something, I think I would have laughed during most of it!

Sean said...

You should go on another date with him. Afterall, you're leaving for Arizona! Who cares? :)

Funny story.