Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Morning Read!

Before reading – Dan if you read this, I do apologize. Although, I don’t believe you are from the Metro Area.

I wake up this morning to hearing that the Reagan National and Dulles airports are closed today. This, to me, was not shocking, but hysterical. I get out of bed to get online and read the Washington Post. Sure enough I come across an article titled Wintry Mix Paralyzed D.C. Area. Now this I had to read and I encourage all of you to read this as well.

Now, given the fact that I am from upstate New York, where most people still go to work after an ice storm hits, and school isn’t canceled unless there are feet of snow accumulated the night before, or the roads are covered in black ice…D.C. to upstate New York is a place of pansies! Whether it be raining or snowing in D.C., all you will here is that it is treacherous outside, and that everyone should stay off the roads! As I am reading this well written article (yes, I am being facetious) I come across “…conditions remained treacherous in many neighborhoods, and motorists were advised to either stay home or drive extremely carefully. Cars needed to warm up for 10 minutes or so before ice could be scraped off the windshields.” And next to this wonderful verbiage is a picture of a man brushing off his windshield with a kitchen broom. No wonder it took the moron a10 minute warm up of his car, he doesn’t own the proper tool to scrape off his windshield! Sir, you can buy a snow brush at any grocery store, Target or Wal-Mart! Heck, I will even buy you one!

What is the good new you ask? Debbi Wilgoren and Howard Schneider went on to explain this to us: “The good news? Most of what fell was sleet, or tiny ice pellets, rather than the much-predicted, and dreaded, freezing rain.” Good thing! I know I was relieved when I read this. Oh, and the Federal Government even took a two hour delay this morning. However, when emailing my father, she was at work – shocking I know!

Anywho, I would like to wish everyone a wonderful Valentine’s Day! And Happy Birthday Grandpa!

3 comments:

Dan said...

I could not agree with you more; my neck is sore from vigorously nodding as I read this. I'm originally from Vermont, so under three inches is a joke. Yet, it closed all the schools, most local government, delayed the Federales, and made my office quiet as a freakin' sepulcher all day. Granted, it is worse than 3 inches up north - here they don't know to salt and sand more, or own more than 1 plow for the entire city.

kelly said...

Hope your drive home was a safe one! Beware for the moron drivers out there!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.