Monday, February 19, 2007

My Weekend

My weekend was an interesting one…at least to me it was. Friday night was the typical Friday night. I was tired, and thinking maybe I will just go to bed. Nope, Jeff called and asked if I wanted to hang out. His girlfriend was away for the weekend, and wanted company. Sure, why not, right?! He decided to pick me up and take me to one of his favorite bars, Sugar Daddy, in Old Town Scottsdale. Jeff lives 30 minutes south of me, and I live down the street from N. Scottsdale…since we were going to Scottsdale I agreed to let him pick me up. Well come to find out, Old Town Scottsdale is 30 minutes south of where I live. I felt bad for Jeff coming all that way to pick me up – he said he didn’t mind because he was chivalrous.

Anywho, we get to the bar, which is a Mexican type bar – half the seating is outdoor (much like most places here) but Jeff was cold and wanted to sit inside. (I was in a short sleeve shirt and I was perfectly warm, he was in a long sleeve and freezing – hehe.) So we sat inside at the bar, he ordered some food. We were talking for a while. Around 9:30 some guys walked in and sat near us, they seemed a bit cocky from what I saw, Jeff was boring me a bit, so I was observing what was going on around us. Anywho, Jeff started telling one of his stories, and the guy next to me over heard it, turned around and commented. I laughed! The guy basically said what I wanted to, but I was being nice since Jeff is my friend. About a half hour later, this guy, Billy, is still talking with us and Jeff excused himself to go to the men’s room. Billy and I continued to talk…Work, Religion, and Churches I could try…since I told him I just moved to the area. Well half hour had gone by, and Jeff hadn’t returned. I go to the bathroom looking for Jeff. Didn’t see him, so I figured he was on the dance floor – whatever, he found a girl to flirt with and is having fun. So I continue to talk to Billy. Around 11:30 I pull out my cell to call Jeff, since he still hadn’t shown his face, and I am ready to leave, I was tired. Come to find out he sent me a text saying ‘btw I left’ – I was pissed. He left me at a bar talking to a guy we both didn’t know. WHO DOES THAT? Fine…I had enough cash on me to take a taxi home – thank God! Billy asked where Jeff was, I said he left. Billy made the face for how I felt. So Billy said he would make sure I got home okay. No…but thanks. (I barely knew the guy.) Then I was also remembering taxi is not the way to go in the Phoenix area. This guy was talking to me about what Church I could try, so I finally agreed to let him drive me home. As for Jeff – never called to make sure I got home okay, never called to say sorry. That was one short lived Phoenix friendship reinstated. Now I just hope to see Billy again – neat guy! Even if it is as friends, I would love to makes some friends around here. I am just glad I wasn’t drinking that night – that could have been a bad situation.

Saturday I caught up on sleep. Sunday I went to Church, hit the outlet mall to look for a new watch, and then went hiking. So all in all, not a bad weekend just lost a friend. Hope everyone had a great weekend as well!!

2 comments:

Dan said...

+ Points for driving the extra distance and giving you a ride

-huge Points for abandoning you with only a text message for warning. And it wasn't like you wandered off - you were still right at the bar where he last saw you. That is a dick move.

But good for you, diving in and meeting new people in your new city. Very admirable.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly Its Kacey!
Long time no talk, just wanted to let you know that I read your blog and keep up with whats going on in your life! Im glad to see things are going well for you... Arizona huh?! wow never saw you there but glad its worked out for you, Im truly happy. You deserve nothing but the best... anyways, I just wanted to let you know my email so we can keep in touch! Kaceyezell618@yahoo.com Please email me soon!