Monday, June 20, 2005

Love Fern

I have made a couple comments the past couple months and Mike didn’t pick up on any of them. Thursday night Mike came over and we ate pizza while we watched a movie – my pick! I took the opportunity to introduce him to “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.” Now Mike is big into sports, and in the beginning of the movie, at the basketball game, when Kate Hudson’s character, Andy, was thirsty and being sort of mean to Matthew McConaughey (Ben) Mike cringed. At this point, he decided he didn’t like the movie at all. To Mike, this was torture. But I got him to stick with it. On my side, I thought he would love it since this movie has 10 minutes tops of any sort of mushy crap – it is all humorous banter between two characters. He began laughing after a bit, and seemed to enjoy some of the horrible things that Andy would do to Ben. And in the end, he said I could call him Mikey Mikey moo moo, moo-moo-moo! (I would say he liked it!)


Friday, I invited Mike over for dinner, a dinner that I would be cooking. I go to the store and get chicken wings, and green beans. Since I have a grill now, I wanted to make wings on the grill with green beans and noodles. Now somebody warned me that chicken takes a long time to cook, so I should pre-cook it. I kinda forgot that part, but since these were wings, I figured we would be okay, it isn’t like they are breasts or thighs or something big, they were little wings. Yea, I was wrong – they took FOREVER to cook. The first batch of two came off the grill an hour later. So we each had one. Then about ten minutes later, another two came off, so we had that batch with noodles. The third batch we had with the beans. The fourth batch – noodles again. Fifth batch, just the two wings. Buy this point, we were getting a little full, plus the coals were getting cold. We ended up broiling the rest of the little wings and sticking them in the frig. I even had desert, so all in all, I would have to say, we prepared an elegant 10 course meal. OH! One more thing. Mike spilled my beer. Now that is just wrong. He has spilled water before, but beer, you just don’t do that.

Okay, Well that is about it for me. Off to bowl – I need to beat a 279.

4 comments:

Sean said...

279? Good luck with that! I think that the real question is what kind of beer did Mike spill? If it was Budweiser that's okay. If it was anything else, that's wrong!

kelly said...

Coors Lite - only the BEST beer out there! (well exect for Labbatt Lite)

jadam said...

I'm pretty sure God bowls 300s. Your friend is just some jerk who thinks he's God.

mlwash said...

Bowl 279....you mean as a total of 10 games, right?