Thursday, September 22, 2005

Success

Ah, I am home - well I am really at work, but I am heading home shortly. I was great to be back in my own bed with no wake up calls set for 4:00am. Every night when I had to make that call, I just felt depressed, 4am and at the time I placed the call it was usually midnight. There was only one night I was in bed before midnight - but when you away on work - work includes dinner and drinks, or for us, drinks, dinner, and more drinks!

The show in NYC was my first show. All the stress I had going into this show was worth it, and I was fully prepared. From what I was told, this was the smoothest Maritime show my company has ever had. My boss stayed calm the whole time, and during the prep days, I was told I looked very calm - little did they know I was freaking out on the inside! But all in all, I loved it. I left to go to NYC with a sore throat and as each day went by I felt worse and worse - but I made it though with no one really knowing how bad I felt. Although I must say it is extremely difficult to stay out socializing until midnight and wake up at 4 or 4:30 the next morning to keep going when all you want is your bed. This is one of those jobs, it doesn't matter how bad your feel or how bad you hurt - you have to look your best, smile and keep on trucking, and oddly enough I like that.

On this trip, at night I would have to say I ate like a King. Man, the food was good and the cost of the dinner was never an issue. Our company covered all of our expenses, and we took it to full advantage. Saturday night, it was just me and the operations manager there to GET wine and dined by some people we work with. We went to Little Italy and ate at La Mesa which was family style eating. Man, this guy tony we were with, he wouldn't let you sit at the table unless there was wine in your glass. Well I caught on MUCH quicker than my dear friend Bernadete. I drank that wine sooooo slowly that I made the water my best friend. Everyone was toasted by me. But none the less, I ate lots and had a blast. The second night, it was five of us from my company that went to a steak house for dinner. I got wonderful french onion soup and for dinner sauted mushrooms to go along with my blue cheese steak madallions! Yea, it is safe to say I was happy. The first night of our show, my boss took about 15 of us to dinner. Well, I have never had lobster before, and there was surf-n-turf for two, so I got that with a friend. VERY GOOD! But steak wise, we all agreed the steak house we had gone to a couple night prior was better. Even at the airport last night, we had found a great pizza restaurant - so no night went with out great food!

All in all, we all worked together extremely well and it was a great, well run show!

1 comment:

liam said...

Well im glad the first convention of yours was successful. But that still doesnt excuse you from not calling anyone on saturday when sean and christine got married. Rude!:) anyways this is my new blog cause i deleted the old one.