Monday, February 20, 2006

Home

Home has always been defined as: home is where the heart is. This can mean many different places to different people. When you are younger, it is your parents house - where ever that might be. Home can be the town where you spent most of you childhood growing up before moving. It can be your dorm room when you are in college, or your apartment when you move out. Even your first house. Growing up, I have had many "homes" but one of them is shutting it's doors next month. Chase-Pitkin. I worked there for six years before moving over to Wegmans, giving me seven years with the "family". I remember my first interview, and what I wore, and why I wanted to work there (my brother worked there) - and now eight years later they are closing.

Chase-Pitkin became my life. Most of my friends worked there, it was the meeting place before heading out for the night, and it was where you went on your day off to see your friends. This place became my home, it became the place where I spent 90% of my time. If it weren't for Chase-Pitkin I wouldn't know or have been friends with Sean, William, Chris, Cook (you know you guys loved him), Andy (drunken Plumbing associate), Craig, Matt, Julie, and many many more.

Sean - thank goodness for Friendlies, Olive Garden and Britney Spears!
William - roommies - and our all night CP chats
Chris (aka cat or doc) - I am glad I met you before you left to work at the hospital.
Cook - (Franco too) paint sticks - who could hit harder - man the bruises I would get!
Andy - vodka in the water bottle, and the tool room (need I say more)
Craig - he was confindant that he could do anything that he put his mind to.
Matt - Uhaul - ready? "Pizza dudes got 30 seconds!"
Julie - rugs, rugs, and more rugs...and our ability to get all the hot plumbing and lumber guys!
Kyle - I couldn't stand your boss, and I enjoyed him getting in trouble for being a jerk! Thank you for letting your little sister tag along with the guys every week, which turned into every night!

Thanks for all the laughter, and the fights, and all the hugs. Chase-Pitkin may not have been our ideal place to work, but it is what brought us all together, and for that - I love it!

Words of Wisdom:
Remember to take time for yourself. Relax, listen to the music you like, go for a walk. Do nothing - no tv, no phone. Write in a notebook and see what comes out. It is amazing what you might have in your head, and you will never know unless you give yourself time to figure it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say Cook was the such a freakin' hottie!!! He walked into a room and you had to just stop what you were doing to watch this beautiful creature. Both Cooks were hot.

And OMG, I forgot about Andy. Haha. What a riot he was. I miss those days too. Let's open up our own hardware store and just invite the people we want to work there. Of course there will be Adam, Tom, Mark, Matt, Ron, Pierrette, Mike, Peter (maybe), oo ooo I know, Wayne in hardware. Loved that kid. Um, hmmm... how about Kevin. Yah, Kevin. Haha. Awww, now I am all sad. ~Cp Girl forever

kelly said...

OMG!!! man, i miss our time together at CP!!! Those were the days! I loved Wayne - he called me turtle and i would call him rabit. *tear* I miss all that.