Friday, February 24, 2006

Amends

I did something today, at first I wasn't sure if I was doing the "right" thing, but in the end, I believe I did.

This afternoon, I was working on a proposal to host a show in Europe at the end of the year, and I just needed to get away for a couple minutes, but still work on it. I picked up the phone and called Chase Pitken and found my self asking for Craig Wheeler. Yes, I called Craig. I did this to congradulate him on receiving and offer from Wegmans. He was shocked to hear from me, but he seemed happy. We had a nice conversation, he asked what I was doing now and then he wanted to clear the air from two years ago. To me, there is nothing to clear - it was two years ago, and if I was still mad about things then: 1. I need to get a life and 2. I wouldn't be calling him to say best of luck in his future endeavourers. There is no reason to dislike someone for their actions that were years ago. We didn't exchange numbers and say "lets be bussom buddies;" it was a chat with a deeper meaning saying things are good and we still wish eachother the best even though we didn't end on good terms.

In the beginning, I was a bit unsure of my actions. At the end, I believe to took the right route.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Kel. I think it was a good move. I mean, it showed you were a bigger person then what happened 2 years ago.

BTW, you're coming to Europe?? YOu need to stop by here!~Julie

Sean said...

You did the right thing...

Kyle Wash said...

That my sister!