Thursday, March 8, 2007

Been a While

It has been a while since I wrote something, so here I am. Today I had to update to the "new blogger" and create a gmail account. When you don't really want to start a new email account you can never think of what you want your email address to be, then they never allow you to have what you want. All in all, I have a gmail account now! YAY! (not really)

I have been in Arizona a full month now. It has gone fast, and I have to say, for my first month here, it isn't all that bad! Yes, I miss my family and my friends. But I will make friends and visit family. Getting used to the weather here has been interesting. Yes, it is basically beautiful all the time. And I am getting a tan in March - that is odd! Enjoyable, but odd. :)

Last week was my first show with this company, and I would have to say it went well. My bosses seemed to be happy with my work. My office yearly calendar mesmerizes me, all the shows that are listed for the year. I knew taking this job would limit the things I could do through out the year, such as weddings I could attend, when I could take vacations, and such. Now I am starting to really understand. My mom asked me to send her a list of where I will be and when. I thought this list would be short, but I was actually able to give her a show or two a month I would be going to. That is when it hit me, I am defiantly not in DC anymore. This isn't a vacation. It is a new job, with new responsibilities. hm.

I have been getting back in touch with some old Purdue friends since I have been here. That has been great. It has been fun to reminisce with old friends and see where they are now. Phil lives in Chicago, so I am hoping to spend some time with him at the end of June (if I get sent to a show there). Put him and I together - and we become two kids having a good time. Whether it is on a play ground or at a party, we can have fun. As for the other guy, not sure if I will ever see him again, IN is not a place I see me traveling too all that often. It is fun to talk to them though.

Alright, I best get to work. Soon it will be lunch!! As tomorrow - Friday - then I will be grinning from ear to ear!!

No comments: