Monday, April 9, 2007

I'm Back!

Last week is all a blur in my eyes. Sunday began my “vacation” (as work calls it) to Boston. Boston was unbelievable. We arrived in Boston around 7pm. Bob and I were beat seeing that we had been up since 4am our time. We grabbed a good steak dinner and passed out. Oh, I did try a Guinness that night at dinner. Not too bad, yet not my first choice still.

Monday was set-up. We had the reg area all set up by 1:30 giving us the entire afternoon and evening to do whatever. Neither of us was used to this and had no clue what to do. So what did we do, went to a pub where we would watch the games, have a brew and get some grub. After that pub, we went to Cheers. I was thrilled and the typical tourist – taking pictures of EVERYTHING. On a good note, I don’t believe it embarrassed Bob one bit, or at least he didn’t let on that it was. There I was hanging out of the taxi taking pictures of the neat building while Bob sat laughing. Cheers was pretty neat. Again, we had a brew and some grub. After Cheers – Bob took me to the oldest running pub in Boston, I believe it was called the Green Dragon. Now you are probably thinking, what a bunch a lushes. It probably does look that way, and I did drink a bit too much, but I didn’t even notice until later how much we had drank. All of the sudden it hit me, and I was ready to head back to the hotel. Luckily Bob didn’t mind.

Tuesday was show day. We worked all day. And for dinner, we met up with Sonia, a friend of mine from High School. Talking about high school made me feel old. And now she is engaged. Wow. And everyone thought I would be the first to marry. Boy were they wrong! Last it will be!

Wednesday was similar to Tuesday. Worked all day, but this time we went to dinner with the show organizers and some exhibitors. That was fun. One guy was telling me I would never get a guy since I travel about once a month. Needless to say, I didn’t talk to him much, he was too cheerful for me. Such nice things to here when you meet someone…”you will never get a guy, no wonder you are single!” Moved on to the next person, Boston I call him. He was hysterical. Married with two kids. He had me laughing all night. He drank WAY too much and was in people’s faces telling stories. Back at the hotel bar, just about everyone was felling pretty good. Well except me. The waters with lemon weren’t quite as strong, shocking I know. But the night was a blast, and it was fun to make some friends that I will hopefully see next year.

Thursday we worked then caught a flight home.

Friday I worked a half day then my co-workers and I headed out to lunch where my parents caught up with us. Yep, the parents flew to Arizona for Easter weekend. It was great. Well, until my co-workers started talking. They were trying to see how much my parents knew about my life. Billy saying my tummy was pudgy and the guy I think is cute. The two things I probably would have never brought up the entire weekend, my co-workers hit. It went over well. The rest of the weekend, we worked on my place and I showed them around a bit. It was a nice weekend – but I am glad to have my bed back.

Well I am off to get some grub. I hope everyone had a great Easter! Oh! At Church, the resurrection was compared to Humpty Dumpty – funny, but impressive. And the parents liked the service. Phew!!! Okay, I am really off to eat this time.

No comments: