Saturday, March 31, 2007

Adios (for a week or so)

5:15am Bob will be picking me up for our trip to Boston. I am thankful that Bob is joining me on this trip. We should have fun, when we aren't working. Promised my bosses I would have a Guiness for them, and I hope to see Harvard. Although, my favorite part is watching the shows' final stages in coming together, then watching all the attendees come rolling in. It's exciting. At least it was when I was on the show organizer side of the roll. I loved the conversations with the speakers, board members, and the midshipmen that would skip classes for a day to help out where needed. Being used to the homeland security events, it is odd to be going to a variety of shows. The one taking place in Boston is a management show. There will be the suits, but I don't believe I will be seeing the uniforms. Although I will be seeing uniforms when I work with my old co-workers in a show I assisted in the organization or the whole event! This I can't wait for!

Coming home from a show, you are on a high. Your mind is filled with so many stories that will live in your forever. Due to complete lack of sleep, it is interesting to see what things you will do. My old co-worker and I learned not to stop and grab a beer when you have an hour to wait for a plane. We both had basketballs (small ones) that we were bringing home from an event. We bounced them all around NYC, bounced them through security, bounced them to the restaurant. Drank a beer, just one - then heard the final boarding call for our plane. Bounced the balls to the bathroom (we figured we had time) then ran to our plane. Bounced the balls on the plane saying "man it's hot in here" then noticed that everyone was looking at us, and they weren't happy. We stopped the bouncing - found our seats - died of laughter. We were those annoying people!! You think we would have learned from this. NOPE. It happens every show, the more of our company that is with us, the harder we all laugh. Lack of sleep is a dangerous thing!

Now is my time to go to bed, so tomorrow I can take another trip and make some great memories. Have a wonderful week all! And have a great Easter if I don't talk to you.

1 comment:

Dan said...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/09/books/09masl.html