Monday, April 16, 2007

Quote to Ponder

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeeded be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."
~Albert Einstein

This quote is an interesting one. One that I would stand behind if asked. I believe that one day, we will be standing in front of God where he is holding the book of life asking us why we should be entered into Heaven, and most, if not all, of us would like to be able to inform Him how we used our lives to better ourselves and others. However, I don’t believe that we should live our lives in fear of this day. This shouldn’t be our main goal to do good.

My hope is that people are opening their eyes to the world, becoming knowledgeable of the events that are taking place. Whether or not you support the war, are you supporting the troops that are risking their lives every day so we can live our lives freely? Are you finding ways to assist others in areas you might excel in? Not everyone is a giver…but you may be an encourager or a teacher…are you doing your part? We have all grown up with some sort of education, are we using the information that we have been granted?

We all need open our eyes and take a look around. My friends are big on photography, and that is an exceptional thing. Are they seeing what they are taking pictures of? They are very talented people, with kind hearts – are they using their talents fully?

As for me…I would say that I am defiantly not a teacher!! I love to give and to encourage. The giving, I am in the process of finding an area to give. The encouragement, I am encouraging everyone to find their talent and share it with others. Take your past experiences, what you enjoyed or excelled in and see what you are able to come up with. Let us not live our lives in fear, but let us use what God gave us. Our education, our ability to open our eyes and see what is going on. For there is so much we can do that we are not doing.

No comments: