Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Indy 500 and Office Banter!

Indy 500!
This past weekend was great! The Indy 500 was amazing, very hot, but amazing. It was the second closest race in history. I thought it was great that the Andretti’s (father/son) finished second and third!! Although if that were dad and I out there, dad – your gunna lose (sorry, but I just can’t let ya beat me!) The group that sat on the right of us were great. They were saying it was “Girls take your shirts off” hot. However, their wives didn’t seem to go for it! Fun group! It was nice to see 300,000 race fans dripping in sweat for 6 hours…boy did we smell good. A couple announcements were made to drink more water than “adult beverages” but that didn’t seem to slow down any of the drinking. People seemed to drink anything that was cold. Besides water/beer, the other necessity was sunscreen. The lady in front of me burned her back pretty good. I have to say, the three of us kept reapplying our sunscreen, and we still go a lot of color!

The Purdue band played very well! Florence Henderson – the crowd out sang her in the national anthem!! (well done race fans) Staind – not bad…it wasn’t upbeat enough for the fans though. Last – the celebrity parade and the guy a couple rows in front of us…almost every car with a celeb in it the guy would yell “who are you?” and one guy (I want to say Patrick Dempsey) yelled back “I don’t know” while everyone else seemed to ignore him. Ahh, goods times at “the greatest spectacle in racing!”

Let the Banter Begin!
I come into work today, go to say hello to the new guy that sits across from me to find Ohio State University crap on his desk. Yes, that would be in the crap category! His computer is not yet working, so he is sitting elsewhere for the time being, and I decided I should go say hello and inform him the OSU people are a bunch of drooling booger heads! For some reason he didn’t agree and asked who I liked as far as Big Ten. Then he went on and began to bash Purdue. BIG MISTAKE!! As for revenge – I plastered his cube with GO PURDUE signs in Purdue’s colors! I am very proud of myself. When it comes to bantering – I have too much fun with it!

1 comment:

Dan said...

"Girls take your shirts off hot." I like that, it's better than what I've used in the past, "buck-naked hot."

6 hours outside on a hot, cloudless day in summer? No. The sun is our enemy.