Friday, July 14, 2006

Actions and Consequences

It's funny. Life is odd. Why do people do certain things? What puts the ideas in their heads? The past few days, I have been wondering this. I have always taken pride in where I work, and what I have done for those companies. Recently, it was brought to my attention that a place I worked is in trouble on the charges of payola. This saddened me. I just hope the person/people that were part of this are accepting the responsibilties that go along with an offense like that. Also a fellow co-worker just came back from a work trip and he actually told me that he didn't tell anyone what company he was with, and told people he forgot his business cards at home. To make it worse, when he was asked what he did, he used his past job. Why was he so ashamed to say who he was with? It will be funny to see the outcome of this, especially with the position he holds here.

We all make mistakes, and big ones sometimes, it's life. However, it is all about how we handle our mistakes. When we make mistakes, the only right thing to do is live up to it. The outcome is much easier if you live up to it rather than hiding it until found. This i have learned. Sadly, I tell my boss when I make mistakes before he finds them (if I catch it first) just because I feel so bad. I would rather turn myself in than someone else do it for me. If you need help, ask for it. If you are not able to be honest with who you are, you might want to think twice. Are you becoming the person you want to be? If not - take charge. We all have been granted to opportunity to be who we want. Make you the person you are proud of. I may not have lead the best life, but I am getting there. I just hope to keep following my goals and plans, and let them change in ways they should.

2 comments:

liam said...

very nice. By the way your talking about WBEE arent you? I'm assuming.

Sean said...

Nice post.