Monday, July 10, 2006

Tired Monday

My weekend didn't exactly go as planned. I was out late with a friend catching up and slept till 9:30 Saturday morning. Since I had so much to do, I was hoping to be on the metro by this time. My fun excursion to view the monuments from the Old Post Office and go to the newly renovated American Art Museum is on a rain delay. Instead, my Saturday was spent finishing moving the furniture that didn't absolutely require two people into the spare bedroom or my bedroom and finishing the prep work for sanding. That took me most of the day. I got all the staples out and scrubbed the floor real good a couple times. Now that I am typing this out, it doesn't sound like I did all that much. However, I ended my day with a hot dog cook out and my favorite Grandma Brown's baked beans! This reminds me, I need to hit up Wegmans, and re-stock up on some of that good Rochester food!

Saturday night I called my dad in hope that he would be up for helping me sand the living room and dining room floors. Slowly, I moved in for the kill, did the "what are you having for dinner?", "How was your day..." and then he said it! "Want to sand tomorrow?" I about jumped for joy, but I calmly said, "yea, we could, you want to?" I was thrilled - I was staying on schedule!

Sunday I was up and ready to be at the store by 9. Called dad and he was still eating breakfast. HELLO! WHO HAS TIME FOR BREAKFAST WHEN WE HAVE FLOORS TO SAND? Okay, my dumb ass should have eaten something, I was starving come 10:30 and he was not. We headed off to Lowe’s to rent the sander and pick up the supplies. Now, this is when my great mood when down the drain. Lowe’s employees are morons. I am sorry. I was a newby working in a hardware store once - but you know what, I asked questions and learned so I would have the knowledgeable answers. Apparently, that is overrated now-a-days. I was looking for a ½ gallon of wood filler – since we are doing basically all the rooms in my place. All I could find was the $8 pint of Minwax wood fill. Zar makes a ½ gallon tub for that amount. So I ask the associate where there wood filler is located – since the store is a complete, disorganized mess. My little lazy associate had NO CLUE what I was talking about. I asked if there was anyone that would know – he didn’t know, nor did he care to ask. It just went down hill from there.

Any who, we get back to my place, move the couch and the TV – the two things I could not do by myself, and the day began. It took five hours to sand, but we did it. We took turns sitting on the sander, while the other sanded. The extra weight was needed. Yes, it did make it more difficult for the person sanding, especially with the strong right pull the sander had…but it is now down, and my body is a weeee bit sore. Good hard work, on a good day, can’t beat that!

Now, I am back to work…stain tonight? We shall see if I am in shape for it. I might have to take a night off.

No comments: