Monday, July 3, 2006

Pool

My weekend was a good one. Saturday I took Bart over to my parents so he could play, and also because I told my Dad I would help him put up a ceiling fan and a rail on their neighbor’s patio. Their neighbor, Bernice, is the sweetest lady. She could be my grandmother. She tries to keep on top of the times, and she always has a good understanding of what is happening on their street. I love her to pieces!! Anywho, so dad and I were did some work on her place – which involved going to Lowes, and that is always a good time!

Sunday I went to Little Havana’s in Baltimore for brunch. My cheesy-burger was most excellent!! And the mamosa’s, very good! While were eating, we decided it was a must to go to the pool. I have never been to the pool, and I have lived where I live for a little over a year. I am not a big pool person. Since I grew up on a boat I prefer a lake. There is nothing better then jumping off a sailboat in the summer. However, that is not possible, so pool it is. It was very refreshing on a hot day. We were only by the pool for an hour since it a thunderstorm came. We all got changed and got food (Cheesecake factory!) then hit up a movie. We went to go see “The Devil Wears Prada” and it was cute. I thought it would be more of a comedy, it had some funny lines, but it was more of a cute drama (if there is such a thing as a cute drama). It was a long day, and we were all exhausted, but all in all, we didn’t do anything but eat and sit on our butts.

Tonight, I am making zucchini bread, and fixing the leak in the tank of my toilet. Hopefully I just have to tighten the bolt that attaches the tank to the bowl, but I’ll find out later. After that, I need to take a look at the sub floor in my living room. I want to tear up all the carpet…but I need to see what the base looks like. I am praying the sub floor is in good shape, unlike the bathroom. Tomorrow, relax and eat! I would like to go to Annapolis, but I have a picnic to be at. This weekend I will either go downtown to the mall and walk around or go to Annapolis. I would still like to go to the top of the Washington Monument.

Well I am off like a prom dress, as Matty says. Have a good day, and eat lots!

2 comments:

Dan said...

- Washington Monument, not worth the hassle. Go up the Old Post Office Tower, so you can see all the monuments. Plus, they have a Ben&Jerry's on first floor.

-"Off like a prom dress." I've never heard anyone else use that. I'm glad to hear it's getting around.

-If you're going into DC this weekend, consider the American Art Museum that just reopened after 6 years of renovations.

- Swimming from sailboat > swimming in pool. Couldn't agree more.

kelly said...

Old Post Office Tower, I don't know where that is. I will look for it at take your suggestion. As well as the American Art Museum. Thank you! (and of course the Ben & Jerry's, can't forget that)