Thursday, July 6, 2006

Did someone say carpet?


The carpet is almost all out - just need to move the TV. I wanted to get some pictures though.


All the nasty carpet and padding is piled on my patio. Once again, I was looking white trash!


Carpet is out! Moving the tv was easier than I though, I was able to slide it. To lift that stupid tv you need two strong people, me alone, I would kill myself. (Kyle, no, I am going to see if the tv would kill me. You would miss you little sister!)


DONE! I just finished taking all that gross carpet to the dumpster. I no longer look like white trash. Although, no one was here to offer me a beer when I needed one. YES NEEDED!! And yes, I took a shower! It wasn't my shower month, but I figured I could break my shower schedule just once. After shower - beer!

All I have to do is finish getting the staples out. I did the hallway last night, so I have the living room and dining room left. I have to say it has been a fun project. I have to figure out what to do with all my furniture while the floor gets sanded, stained, and sealed. But I can think about that later! I will just be glad when I have the staples out and the floor disinfected. It is moving along very well.

Well I best go get ready for work.

4 comments:

Dan said...

I'm surprised someone once thought it was a good idea to cover up that nice floor with some nasty carpeting. No accounting for taste, I guess. Nice work on your part, though.

Kyle Wash said...

Wow, nice job! Are you planning on re-carpeting or are you going to keep the floors?

kelly said...

HELLO, keep the hardwood floors! I can't cover up a beautful hardwood. They will be sanded, stained (either Jacobean or Dark Walnut - Minwax) and sealed. I can't wait. It will be gorgeous!

It's been a couple nights of hard work - but it is well worth it. And I enjoy flooring projects, after all, I sold the stuff for 7 years!

Tim said...

Wow, Gorgeous Floor! A little back-breaking work can make such a dramatic difference!