Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Voting

I have tried to be very good this year, and pay attention. Well now that I have done that, I have found out that I will not be voting this year. When I went to the DMV to change everything over four months ago, I checked that little box that said "check here if you want to register to vote". Four months later I come to find out that the DMV screwed up. Not only did it happen to me, it also happened to my father. I was putting forth the effort to make an educated decision and now I can't even cast my vote. Needless to say, I am a WEE BIT frustrated with the DMV and a little letter might be coming their way.

Besides that. Today was a bit of a rollercoaster. I have been all excited to go to Rochester for the week, and I get to work today to hear that there a good chance that I may not be going. The girl that I am going with was in the hospital. Well she is out now, and she is okay. I think she is very stressed out. Anywho, the doc gave her clearance to work, which means Rochester here we come! Oh and Kyle, I don't care when you work. I will see you. That is all that matters. Then a month later we get to see each other again! LUCKY YOU!

Words of Wisdom:
Tell the ones you love that you love them. Tell them every day. It brightens you day, and it is good to hear.

2 comments:

Sean said...

Kelly, the NY DMV is aweful! A couple of years ago I switched insurance companies and the DMV didn't update their records. So I got pulled over and according to the cops "computer" in his car, I didn't have insurance. I showed him my insurance card and registration and he said, "That doesn't matter. It says in the computer that you don't have insurance." They towed my car. As a matter of fact, you may remember this incident. You and Chris had to pick us up on Hudson Avenue near Wegmans. So, I had to pay $120.00 to get my car back, which I did. Then, I called the DMV and they wouldn't refund my money for the mistake that THEY made!! Can you believe it?? I even wrote a letter, and no response. The California DMV out here isn't much better. They charge an arm and a leg if you want to drive here. Life goes on. :-)

Anonymous said...

Kell, dad Lodice is very excited that you will be in Rochester. I told him about your trip and he wanted to know what store... when... yadda yadda. Haha.

As for NY DMV, nothing... I mean, NOTHING is worse than overseas military DMV. I don't care what you say. You get a bunch of military office workers... and a military facility and BAM! you have the most screwed up DMV ever. Talk about slow... you wait for 3 hours at a time. But that is just becuase everytime an officer comes in, he or she gets taken care of first. um, excuse me, I was here first. Ugh.