Wednesday, October 6, 2004

You Best Start Praying!

Well it looks like it may happen. They may let a kid near me to mentor. They must not have been thinking! Incase you didn't pick it up, I had my interview today for Childhelp USA. I had volunteered to be a mentor for a year, and the lady seemed to like me. Although I really didn't say all that much. They still have to do a social work background check and a police background check on me. (Lets just hope they over look the time I went car bowling using people as the pins!) The place seemed pretty neat. Sounds like it will be an interesting year. If I completely pass all the testing stages, I will be asked to meet with the child once a week for a year. No taking the kid back and asking for a new one. It will either be an abused child or a pregnant teen. Or so I was told.
Besides that, I am exhausted. I have been up since three working on work. So now I am going to make some good eats and sit back for a bit.

Words of Wisdom:
If you could do anything, what would it be? Now, why aren't you out pursuing it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, what a great thing to do! You would be an awsome mentor. (I hope you get a fat kid. Maybe you can help each other out. I'm not mean in saying this... I was a fat kid. Still am.) Anyway, I wish you luck in the backround check. Just pray they don't check out your friends, because I have somethings in my past I would hate to come up. Hookin' on Lyell Ave was forever ago. And besides, it was for a good cause... saying for the day we send our little girl to camp. (wink wink)

Kyle Wash said...

So does this mean there will be a semi-Kelly out there now. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Good luck with it! I know you will be a good mentor.

Sean said...

Wow! That would be very rewarding. It takes a certain type of person to do that kind of work. I commend you for pursuing it. It also takes a lot of patience and understanding. When I see people doing jobs like I have nothing but respect for them. Good luck Kelly.

liam said...

theres alot of screwed up kids out there. not to be the pessimist, but its not like taking care of a cat. this kid will consume your life. Mke sure your mental and emotional strenght is at max. good luck