Thursday, October 21, 2004

Until I Retrun

By this time tomorrow, Cathy and I will be on our little road trip. Two girls chatting it up in a car for 7 hours. It will make for an interesting week.

Lafoo I'm affraid I've been thinking. A dangerous past time, I know! (Beauty and The Beast) What were you doing last year at this time? Last year at this time, things were getting pretty crazy, but something really good came out of it for me. Around this time we found out grandpa was really sick, worse than I thought and could ever imagine. Through grandpa's death I gained an amazing friend. Grandpa's last weeks are a time I will never forget. How our family came together, and a friend I could rely on. I have to admit, she shocked me with how loving and caring she was with only knowing me for a short time. She kept me smiling at work until I headed off to the hospice to meet up with what ever family was there. I never wanted to miss a minute of being there. This girl was there every step of the way - at work and through phone calls. There was even a slumber party! The Lord put her there when I really needed her and I thank Him every day for that. From that point on she has been one of my closest friends, and someone I completely admire. She is the friend that lives the farthest away, but feels the closest in my heart. Julie, thank you for always making me laugh. What ever kind of day I am having, you brighten it. I can only hope I am able to be that person for someone else.

Kyle. Happy 27th Birthday! I hope you had a good night last night, and that you have a good one tonight too! I can't wait to see you, and I hope you are feeling better. You best be rested up by the time I get there.


Something to remember:
And now Dad, you leave us with this undying legacy of our Love of God, and Our Love of Our Family. In Jesus name we pray… (from Grandpa's 5 daughters - the way he ended his prayers)

No comments: