Sunday, December 19, 2004

An Early Christmas!

I had mom and dad over today for an early Christmas. It was a nice afternoon. They came over at three, and I must say, they were right on time! I had made spicey - o - nuts (spicey onion rings) and mini hots in Dinosaur BBQ sause for appetizers. For drinks I had frozen margaritas, beer, egg nog, and well that was about it. Mom and Dad gave me an ornament for a hostest gift - that was cute! I have pics to show, I am still learning how, so bare with me. We chatted a bit at 6:30 we ate dinner, Chicken Divan and rice. Mom and Dad liked, me - it was okay. For desert we had chocolate covered large marshmellows with a cherry on time, cut out cookies and hot chocolate with peppermint schnopps. Overall I would have to say - I had a nice day with the fam. Very relaxing, laid back, lots to eat! Now i just have to figure out what do get mom and dad for their anniversary - COULD YOU TWO PLEASE SPACE IT OUT NEXT TIME - geez, when it comes to gifts, dad wants it all together since right after their anniversary is his birthday. Although, I do have to say, I am done with his birthday!

Okay, I have to wake up at 2am, so I am off to lay low and watch TV.


3 comments:

Sean said...

2AM?? What kind of job do you have!? That's usually when I go to bed! Haha.

Kyle Wash said...

Sounds like you had a really nice afternoon with Mom and Dad. You ahve to be up at 2am???? shees thats when I get home!

mlwash said...

I thought it was a really nice day. Too bad Rudie wasn't able to join us. But, he was pretty busy sleeping.

I thought dinner was great. People are always too hard on themselves about their own cooking. So lighten up will ya!

As for the string of gifts....I am pretty easy. It will all fit in one little bag -- nothing.

Love you!