Monday, December 6, 2004

WBEE Reflection

I recieved some sad news today, Bill Coffey - morning show host on WBEE - passed away this morning of a heart attack. I was in complete shock from hearing this news.

Bill was a guy that would be running around every event entertaining the crowd, making them smile and laugh. My favorite would be when he would push me and get me to chase him, then he would start yelling "HEY LOOK, THERE'S A GIRL CHASING ME!" just to get people to look and laugh. Bill was a very caring, fun loving, heart felt guy that will be very missed. He and Terrie (his co-host) brought smiles upon thousands of faces every morning during their brother and sister like banter. He was a 56 year old man that would still act like a child just to get a rise out of Terrie and make his listeners laugh. How could you not fall in love with this kind hearted guy?! I had the wonderful opportunity of working with him for two and a half years, and loving every second I spent with him and joking with him. I have moved away from the WBEE family, and have missed waking up to that brother/sister banter every morning. Although, when back on my visits I listened as much as I could to make up for it. Now his voice, his smile and his laugh will always be a warm memory in my mind. I won't have to opportunity to listen to him while I am in Rochester visiting, but he is one that will never be forgotten.

You will be missed Mr. Bill Coffey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While you may have moved away from your WBEE Entercom Family, you can never leave it my dear. We still love you as much today as we did when you worked and played with us. Of course we miss you being so far away, but as long as we keep in touch, we're never that far apart.

Thanks for the call tonight. We all mourn the loss of Bill together, no matter where we are, our hearts are all saddened.

We need to get together soon Miss Kelly. Don't be a stranger. Pick up the phone when you're feelin' lonely.

Dave Radigan

Anonymous said...

hi kelly. you may not know me, but i'm one of bill coffee's daughters. i just wanted to thank you for such a truly kind and loving thing you wrote about my father. i've read a lot about what other people have written in memory of him, but i think you've won the cake on this one! you had captured him better than i think i ever could- so for that- "thank you"! (*GRIN*)