Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Home

Again, I have been thinking. Always a dangerous pastime, I know. But I have been doing it. My question to myself is: Do I miss home? And here is my answer...

I miss my brother. I miss his cooking and him doing his brotherly things. Picking on me or getting mad at me over the stupid small things. Or how I love to drive him nuts! It is very difficult to do that when you live far away. Being able to count on him when I just needed my brother.

I miss willy. My old roomie. I miss the late night discussions on Chase-Pitkin while having beers in our livingroom. Or him getting up in the morning all grouchy! And listening for him to come in at 3 or 5 in the morning - it was then I could really sleep since I knew he was home okay.

I miss sean. Having play time with him and Kyle. Going to movies and having him spill buttered popcorn all over me just to see if it would piss me off. Putting Sean and Emmy in the same room to see how long it would take before they started to argue.

I miss julie. All our men (mark, tom, adam, brian - am I missing anyone?). Oh, how they loved our youthful ways. Just remember - The Boy Is Mine because We Were Running Just As Fast As We Can!! Aren't we due for another slumber party?!

I miss my close friends. I miss seeing their faces and laughing with them. But then I think - I am very lucky that I am still in contact with all of them everyweek. Even though I miss them, I have come to the conclusion, No - I don't miss home. This is my home - I am just waiting for those close friends to realize that they need to be here to! (hint hint) By the way, did I mention that is was in the 80's today, and it will be 87 tomorrow?? Just thought I would mention that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was 80 here too (in Rochester). I miss you so much! Love you always from the bottom of my heart.

Kyle Wash said...

Then I was thinking, another danerous past-time...
Do I miss my sister?
hmm....
hmm....
hmmmmmmm..
I may have to get back to you on this :)

Sean said...

We miss you here Kelly! You should come and visit soon.