Sunday, August 14, 2005

Blast from the Past

Yesterday I was able to see a friend I haven't seen in about 10 years. Vicky, the girl from the picture above, and I went to school together when I lived in Colorado. She was one of my closest friends there, and yesterday I got to see her all grown up. All in all, she hasn't changed at all. Well, except for the fact that she is married, and lives on the east coast, but when it comes down to her personality – nothing changed there. She was always the girl that is very caring, sweet, and outgoing. I was excited to see her after all these years, but a bit nervous - what would we talk about, where would we go, and would it be awkward. I would have to say, we had lots to talk about, we grabbed a beer, and three hours flew by fast. I told her about my life in DC, she brought me up to date on her married life, we did the "how is the family" bit, and of course we had to talk about old friends - the best part. So we decided that we need to try to get the gang back together again. So many of my friends are married now, and I want to see them and hear about what they are doing. I have some digging to do! But it will be fun, and I want to see if it is still the same. Morgan - drama girl and loves boys, Kirsten - shy, Claudia - goofy, Katie - loud and carefree, Vicky - sweet and carefree, then there was me - quiet and willing to go along with any dumb thing we did. Man, I miss the good ol' days when we let Morgan talk us into spying on the guys, and ducking out of study hall to go watch the guys play soccer in PE (skins and shirts). Needless to say, Morgan would AWAYS root for the skins team. Then I would always root for Jeremy - the guy that never knew I was alive, in a class size of 24. Sad, I know. Well I think it is time to try to get out class back together, a class I haven't seen since 1996.

Vicky, thank you for the fun afternoon. I hope you trip home was safe, and I can't wait to see you again!

2 comments:

Xtine said...

Sounds like you had a nice time together. I don't keep in touch with many of my high school friends... Most of them just disappeared and I'm alright with that. They were replaced with college friends... who then disappeared except for a few and then now here I am with new friends! I love friends though :) Old and new... all of them! Isn't it strange how life works like that?

Anyway - that made no sense to anyone but me and I'm alright with that. Needless to say - kelly I'm happy your visit went smooth. You're easy to talk to so I'm sure that helped make things a bit less awkward. It only takes a phone call here and then and maybe an e-mail to keep a friendship alive these days so you can do it!

Kyle Wash said...

Wow, that is really cool that you two were able to get together, you must have had alot of catching up to do.