Thursday, August 11, 2005

New Start

Well I am officially a Maryland Resident now. I know, very exciting. It really can't get much better than that. This all happened Monday morning. I got up and hit the MVA. Maryland likes to be different, they don't call it a DMV here like most states - no it is the MVA. That is Maryland for you, high class.

So all in all, the past three months have been interesting - getting used to new job, move to a new state, and now, back to the single life. All of my friends are either in New York or Virginia - so I have my work cut out for me. Virginia, it was easy to meet people - I worked with people my age. Maryland is a different story. I enjoy the people I work with - but no one is really my age to see out side of work. They all have their families to go home and care to - but I do enjoy all the stories I hear through out the day. Anywho - new changes bring interesting times. So now is my time to soak it up and make the best of it. This means - off to meet people, but where? Not at the bars, because then you just get the creeps? Ah, Virginia! Back to see all my friends who live 45 minutes away. Oh yea, and don't forget all the lovely weddings I have "back home" - I have my friends to catch up with there, and that is always a good time.

Well that is enough for me. I am off to be a professional again for another 9 or so hours, then back to being a kid!

4 comments:

Kyle Wash said...

Well I'm sure things will be fine. You always seem to make friends very easily. If I ever see the Mike kids, I'll whopp his little tail for ya.

mlwash said...

It was sad to hear your Maryland connection broke but, don't fear, there will new and better things ahead. You have a wonderful personality and make friends easily. And, don't forget that winning smile.

There will be a time soon when the guy in your life is most interested in being with you and sharing time together. You really haven't experienced this yet from what I can tell. When it happens you will know it and so will he. Have faith.

I love you babe.

Kyle Wash said...

She has a winning smile?

kelly said...

:D See, that is my winning smile!!