Sunday, August 21, 2005

Home sweet Home

Friday after work, I headed to Rochester. Even though Rochester is my "home" I was ready to come back to the DC area by Saturday afternoon. Lately, it just feels like I am never here, over the next couple months, I will be back and forth much more.

I can't really complain though. I do get to see my friends, friends that mean a lot to me. Although, on saturday I called Christine to find out she is back at her home and not in Rochester - you still suck for that by the way! This weekends trip was for my friend Kari's bridal shower. I haven't seen her in about a year and a half. We both moved out of Rochester on the same day, how odd is that. Any who, so I spent saturday with her. We had fun. At night we went line dancing at the Roost! I haven't been there in years, obviously, but it was great to be out there dancing again. We, Kari and I, made complete fools out of ourselves, but we had a blast doing so. We got there, dressed more prep and not in the typical linedancing apparel (jeans, boots, and a tee), so we had couple looks. But then the guys found us to be fun loving girls, out to have fun just like the rest of them. Well there was this guy that just would not stop staring at me, so I clung onto Kari. Finally, after an hour he came up to me and asked me to dance, I said no and thanked him for the offer - the last thing he needed was for me to step all over his feet trying to figure out the steps! There were twin guys behind us that laughed at my answer, and we stuck by them the rest of the night. When they went out to dance - we went and tried our best. I would have to say we did the best when we did the couples dances, I was the guy and Kar was the girl. yea - we sucked, but we are positive we will be receiving a call any day now asking us to go on a dancing tour!!!

1 comment:

Xtine said...

Awweeee I feel the love! Yea had we KNOWN that you were coming we might have stayed back in Rochester to hang out. So you suck too for not telling me... :P :) At least you got to see you friend and spend some time with her. I would have loved to have gone to the Roost! I want to go now! :)